The Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Pakistan (SOGP) is the oldest specialist professional body. Its foundations were laid in March 1957 when Prof.H.Dewattleville, President of International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics (FIGO) visited Karachi.
He addressed the students, the staff members of the Dow Medical College, Karachi and member of the Pakistan Medical Council. He stressed the importance of having a Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Pakistan. Later in the same year MBBS Examination, there was a meeting to discuss the formation of the Society.
This was attended by 15 Gynecologists and Obstetricians including Professors from all over Pakistan.
Vision of SOGP
The vision of SOGP is to promote excellence in practice of obstetrics and gynecology and to improve health and rights of women and newborns of Pakistan
The Mission Statement
The mission of SOGP is to provide evidence-based continuous medical education to obstetricians and gynecologists and to improve women and newborns’ health through education, service provision, advocacy, research, and leadership.
The core values of SOGP are:
• Every woman has a right to access adequate care during pregnancy, delivery and postnatal period to ensure safety of both mother and baby’s life and health
• Every woman has a right to access adequate reproductive healthcare and emergency obstetric care services
• Every woman has a right to respect, dignity, privacy, confidentiality, information and decision-making
• The SOGP members have the right to practice in a safe and supportive environment
• The SOGP has a responsibility to promote evidence-based obstetric and gynecological practice
• To facilitate up gradation of the practice of obstetricians and gynecologists through education, training and research to maintain a high standard of professionalism.
• To develop linkages between private & public sector gynecological practice to improve patient care
In the name of ALLAH the most gracious and merciful, we praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness.....
This new section provides up-to-date, expert guidance on family planning and the prevention of unsafe abortion. It features reviews of the latest research, questions ......,
Information regarding updates of event, seminars, conferences Nationally & Internationally by Society of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Pakistan ......